Highly motivated full stack software engineer with experience working in several environments, balancing multiple projects simultaneously, and serving as a lead engineer. Looking for new opportunities in collaborative small engineering teams which value good engineering practices and constant learning to achieve outcomes.
- Backend Web Frameworks: Ruby on Rails, Express.js
- Databases: PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Oracle Autonomous Database
- Backend Languages: Ruby, Node.js, Python
- Test-driven Development: Rspec, Capybara, Mocha, Chai
- Productivity Tools: Git, Github, Zenhub, Jenkins, Scalyr, Zeplin/Sketch
Software Engineer Experience
Oracle (DataFox) (February 2019 – present)
Principal Software Engineer (April 2020 - present)
Senior Software Engineer (February 2019 - April 2020)
Oracle acquired DataFox in October 2018 and closed the acquisition in February 2019.
- Work with internal Oracle teams to integrate DataFox into various Oracle products
- Migrate MongoDB database to Oracle Autonomous Database
- Serve as team lead by planning and facilitating weekly meetings
- Provide mentoring support to new interns and engineers
DataFox (August 2017 – February 2019)
- Full stack engineer focused on implementing tools to help with data quality and enrichment
- Primary API engineer tasked with maintaining and improving endpoints as well as working with customers on integrating the DataFox API into their current workflows
- Integrate new data sources into pipeline automatically with proper alerting to monitor for failures
- Extract and validate data from public websites, as well as develop systems to automatically verifying key data points
TES Global (June 2015 – August 2017)
Lead Software Engineer (March 2017 – August 2017)
Software Engineer (June 2015 – March 2017)
- full stack engineer in a microservices environment utilizing node.js and React
- continuous deployment using Jenkins
- maintain and add new features to Ruby on Rails application
- build, test, and maintain REST api for mobile app
- build and maintain React Native iOS app
US 11074307 - Issued Jul 27, 2021
Techniques for automatic extraction and verification of location data are disclosed. In some embodiments, a web crawler is configured to identify uniform resource locators (URLs), including a URL for a website associated with a target entity. The web crawler is further configured to fetch a subset of webpages from the website associated with the target entity. The web crawler may restrict the webpages that are fetched from the website based, at least in part, on patterns in the first website that are indicative of where reliable location information may be found. The web crawler further identifies a primary location of the target entity within at least one webpage in the subset of webpages, populating and/or verifying the primary location of the target entity in an entity profile. The entity profile may be consumed by client applications to execute location-aware and/or location dependent functions.
Kindle Classroom Project
University of California-Davis; Davis, California (2007-2010
Master of Arts, Mathematics, December 2009
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire; Eau Claire, Wisconsin (2003-2007)
Bachelor of Science, Mathematics & Spanish, May 2007
Envision Schools (August 2011 – June 2015)
City Arts & Technology High School; 9th grade Algebra
- Planned engaging lessons and integrated real world applications into daily classwork through project based learning and inquiry lessons to prepare students for success in college and life.
- Developed skills based assessments to prepare students for the rigors of future math classes.
- Regularly used technology to enhance student learning through homework videos and an interactive website as well as daily use of an iPad for all classroom instruction.
- After first year, raised proficient and advanced students to 43% from 33% and reduced far below basic students from 16% to 7%.
- Successfully lobbied for a class set of Chromebooks and then integrated them into daily lessons and regularly used them as a tool for intervention.
- Served as Literacy Lead Instructor for the 2012-2013 school year by developing rigorous professional development pertaining to the integration of literacy into existing curriculum and worked to mentor colleagues on best practices and problem solving curriculum design.
- Developed and ran California High School Exit Exam (CAHSEE) prep course for juniors and seniors who have yet to pass and ran weekly review sessions to prepare students for exam.
Oakland Unified School District (August 2010 – June 2011)
West Oakland Middle School; 8th grade Algebra & Geometry
- Developing rigorous lessons and real world integration to prepare students for success in high school and life. Also provided intervention to 7th grade pre-algebra students.
- Increased district benchmark test scores in algebra from 11% at benchmark on the fall exam to 45% at benchmark for the mid-year exam 3 months later.
- Taught high school geometry to advanced 8th grade students through inquiry-based projects to prepare them for the rigors of taking this course the following year as freshmen in high school.
Industry Initiatives for Science and Math Education (IISME) (Summer 2012)
Lockheed Martin Space Systems Company
- Worked with a team of engineers on a new design process for ground up design of parts for various space vehicles.
- Designed training materials curriculum and performed data analysis on various sets of data.
- Required use of good communication skills and independent work to meet strict deadlines set by other teams. Also worked one-on-one with various engineers on planning and implementing the design process.